There are numerous opportunities for undergraduate students to get hands-on experience with basic science research at the LSI.
What options are available?
- Students can volunteer, work for credit, be hired by a lab directly, or get placed with a lab through U-M's Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) or similar programs.
- We also offer several focused summer research internships.
How do I get involved?
- Students may contact individual labs of interest.
- Get involved through the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP).
- Students may also contact LSI Academic Programs for additional information.
Undergraduate Research Forum
Undergraduate students conducting research in the life sciences — both within the LSI and across U-M — can participate in the the LSI Undergraduate Research Forum. This group provides undergraduate researchers with opportunities to present articles from primary literature to their peers, engage in thoughtful discussions about responsible research conduct and ethics and develop critical skills to more effectively conduct and communicate their research within the life sciences.